Friday, November 14, 2008

Around the corner!

Its down to counting days! A few more days to go, before I finally take that deep plunge into the unknown and 'cannot-argue' world of marriage.

The preparations for the wedding are going on pretty smoothly. The only bump I hit was the church related stuff. I hope I have got that sorted out, unless my parish priest wants to give me more surprises when I head back home.

That aside, its been nice going so far, The wedding cards are ready. Lourdes has her wedding gown getting sewed together. Adrian has his suit material ready. Mom and Dad have their own preparations going on. All the personnel incharge of various inventories and tasks have been booked and kept ready.

It should be one big party in December. Christmas has always been the best part of the year for me since childhood. Sweets, holidays, winter chill, parties and so much fun. The mid-night mass at Orlem church will be a memory forever.

For those who are unaware as to how we (rather I) selected the wedding date. The story goes something like this. I happen to be lucky enough to share my birthday with Uncle Mel, my Mom's brother. Uncle Mel, got married on Dec 26. I cant really remember the year. But I remember, how excited my grandmother's house was about the wedding. Lots of Christmas shopping, Relative pouring in from everywhere. To add to the excitement, I was page-boy for the wedding.

It was that day, I must have been 7 or 8, that I decided that I would get married during the Christmas season. To be frank, I wanted to get married on Dec 26 itself. But no harm done, Dec 28 is still close. So I made sure, that I get married in the holiday season, with the christmas fever adding to the glitter and shine.

So as time flies away, I near, what would be the most important, sacred and fun-filled day of my life.

Its one big party!

Cheers and Hope to see you there!

Ashley

3 comments:

Padma said...

All the very best. I wont be 'there' for the wedding but you will be 'here' to treat us all post your wedding. You better remember it is going to be BDay+DDay party.

Wish you both a very happy married life. :)

Gaurav Shah said...

Hey!! Congratulations Buddy!! Wish You Both a Very Happy and Successful Life!! God Bless and Take Care...

Unknown said...

hey.. Good stuff.. All the best! God bless you! :)