Monday, November 10, 2008

Confession!

Yes, I have to confess, the Indian cricket team today is a better team than the ex-invincible Oz. Period.

I have had a zillion discussions with my friends, discussing how the Indian cricket team could never match the Aussies in sheer talent or killer instinct. But from what I have followed of the just concluded Test Series, India have finally proved me wrong and in my opinion can claim the title of the best team in the world.

The record speaks for itself. The Oz had never lost a test series against India for 7 long years. Thats a sign of their stupifying brilliance.
During this period, they not only beat opponents, but mostly(during their prime) pounded them. But things have come a full circle.

India looked dominant throughout the series and beat them hands down. I still remember one discussion with Prasanna, Sourabh and Pankaj. Must have been one of the most intense debates ive ever been part of, Pankaj and Me throwing everything there is, against India.

Well today, to Prasanna, Sourabh and all those Indian cricket fans, whom I must have sarcastically laughed upon, yes, India is a better team. Sheepishly I agree.

All the best India, now its time to raise the bar and beat teams left, right and center, not only on home turf, but anywhere on this planet, just like how champions do!!

Cheers,
Ashley

2 comments:

PG said...

Thanx dude for finally agreeing. But I need to correct you on few fronts

1) Aussies lost in Ashes 2005 , So its just 3+ years and not 7
2) I personally believe India(home) gave us a huge advantage in this series and to be best in the world we need to win a series in SA / AUS / NZ.
3) Two of the greats have already retired and others will follow sooner than later .I am little skeptical about India's chances in the abscense of fab 5

PG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.