Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Google made me do it!

As such, I am not a big fan of change. Routine is my inherint principle. Why change? Why new hassles? If the current way of doing things does not give me a headache, i'll continue using it, Forever may be!

But, what google makes me do, is amazing. I am sure most of you, also fall victim to googloomph!

Like many of you, I was a loyal YAHOO customer in the early 21st century. Then GMAIL came with the '1 GB' buzz and I was begging for an invite. Today, I dont even know if my Yahoo account has a million emails or none. The only use of that yahoo account, is for Video Chat, that too once in a while. Thats it.
Personally I prefer Skype for video chat though, but not folks have accounts setup on skype.

Also, during this yahoo era, I also had uploaded some of my pictures on Yahoo Photos. The most memorable picture being this one photo of me with Cyrus Broacha and Rajpal Yadav, when I met them at a party in Bangalore. :) Star Struck!!

Soon picasa came along and today, I dont even know where those photos that I uploaded in yahoo are. Last heard, Yahoo had closed the photo's department. Wonder if they can give my pictures back?

Yesterday, google realeased their web browser 'Chrome'. I have already made it my default browser at home. There are some short-comings which Abhishek and I discussed.:) We even managed to find a few defects/bugs. But, as google has already proven over and over again, its not long before many of the IE/FireFox/Safari/Opera faithful will switch over.

Amazing isnt it? Google comes along with a product and I change my routine. I wish google can open a gymnasium in my apartment complex, atleast it will help me change my routine(sleep!!) and hit the threadmill once in a while.

Being a tad more realistic, waiting for Google Operating System. Thats the only software I use which is not googlelised. As for the rest, there is a googlish feeling in everything I do on the web.

Must say, after a very interesting discussion with my good friend Amit, who works with Yahoo, I realised some of the change effect is because of the 'COOL' factor that google has tagged along with it. Just like how an Apple I POD is more appealing (atleast I think) than most MP3 players, even though they hardly differ in music quality and storage (and are more expensive), its almost the same with Google products today. It attracts you and once you switch, not many return.
'COOL' or no, they are innovative, appealing, fast and simple to use.

Later,
Ashley

1 comment:

bhagwati lal said...

dude. You ink down your thoughts really well. Also you have wide spread canvas of writing. Keep blogging....