Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just missed the bus...

Does it not always happen with you?
When you are late at the bus stop the bus is on time and when you are ontime the bus never arrives on time!

Well, it happens regularly to me. Worst thing being that I find myself late not only at the bus station but also in other walks of life too.

For example, there was a recent Gold Price drop(in Mumbai that I know of). I sat on my buttocks and did not move a muscle. Then one fine day, it stuck Einstein(aka Me) that my folks should shop for the Gold now. I quickly ordered my Mom to do some shopping. My mom took off at the earliest and still we ended up noticing a price rise of 2k per 10 gm.

Next thing I encounter, the price hike on the booze. I asked my good friend Gautam to get me some Whisky, Rum and Vodka for my wedding. Even here, I was a tee bit late. There was a price hike in store for me here too. Even though the price hike was marginal if not negligible, it makes me wonder. Am I always late? Or is it just plain bad luck?

Another perspective is, Prices of commodities keep increasing every other day, but our monthly income rises only once a year(Hopefully!!!), unless we decide to loot a bank some weird day. So somehow we got to manage, not only with the constant income but also with the timing of heading out to buy those commodities.

Believe me, good timing can save some buck!!!

Cheers,
Ashley

No comments: