Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quietly.

Chetan Sharma must have never really thought that Miandad would hit him for a Six of the last ball.Similarly, Dhananjay must have never really imagined me hitting a homerun during our game of scrabble on facebook.

For the record, I have never ever seriously played scrabble. My past record was 0-2 against Dhananjay. And today was no different. The same pattern continued.

I get off to a rollicking start. Make some good words and I look to be in control. Then like a seasoned pro, Dhananjay starts making inroads. Word by word he inches closer, then overtakes me and finally leaves me staring at the board.

But today was different. It was time for Miandad to play scrabble. So after the usual start, the climax was something like this. I had 7 tiles left. None left in the bag. My score was 263 and Dhananjay was 296.

Some more stats. The highest scoring word I had made so far was 39, using 3 tiles.
Also the longest word I had made was 5 tiles long.

So, assuming things went normally, I had no chance of winning this game. But the 7 tiles I had were magical. They were QUIETLY magical.

Yes, I was able to make the word Quietly on my last turn. Use up all my tiles, and even get a triple word score for this word.

And, I made an astonishing 129 points for this word. Final score, Ashley-400 Dhananjay-288.

Makes me believe that one should never give up. Miandad did not give up hope that day and won an astonishing game. Today, I felt a little like him.

Below is a memento of the amazing game!

1 comment:

atlee said...

dude...hws u doing...
from Outdoor sports to intelligent games!!
kya hogaya tujhe Ashley...

Dont tell me ur playing chess as well