Sunday, June 1, 2008

Truly Madly Deeply

'I want to stand with you on the mountain.. I want to bathe with you in the sea.....", melodiously humming the tune in my head, i prayed. I prayed for Gautam's family and friends to change their mind. I am singer for whom you would not even spend 1 penny to listen too... And here I was, caught in the midst of this hooplah... people wanting to listen to me 'SING'. Add to that my dear friend Summet would add the ceremonious fuel to the already raging flame. Sumeet would add, 'He can only sing English songs, he sings well though'.

So, there I was, going to sing, 'Truly Madly Deeply', the Savage Garden classic. I loved that song and must have sung it everyday, those days. For whom you may ask? Well, it was for someone!!!

And I did take the plunge, I sang 'Truly ...', I gave it my best shot. I dont really recall what the reaction was, the first thing I looked for once I was done was whether there were people 'booing'. Fortunately NO.

But this was not my thrust with the inner KK or Eminem. I vividly remember another 2 incidents where yours truly has tried to sing.

The Eminem incident was something that can happen only in college. 'The Real Slim Shady' was a hit those days. Everyone was a Eminem fan. I was not to be left behind. I would listen to EN day in and day out. I rapped the entire composition with ease and grace. So during my college fest, there was an audition for the Solo Singing competition. And yes, by now, you must have realised what happened. I was on stage, rapping 'Real Slim Shady'. Abuses and all. It was an uncut version. The judges were shocked, my friends laughing at the back and I was left embarressed. I dare did not ask the judges how my performance was. But like 'Truly Madly Deeply' I did not get any boos, yet!!!

The only song that I feel I can sing well is the KK hit, 'Dil Ko' from RHTDM. I had sung this to my engg friends when in the bus from Bombay and Goa. The songs from the movie are all good, but this song in particular is very appealing. I can listen to this song over and over again. Just downloaded this song over the weekend and sang it again. With black label accompanying me, it sounded like heaven!!!!

One song that I would love to sing melodiously is "Last Kiss' by Pearl Jam. Any one of you guys want to listen online music for free, try this.. www.pandora.com...

1 comment:

atlee said...

haha...dil ko...i was shocked to hear ashley sing a hindi song to such perfection...